Private Manoeuvring Area
Off road private area, safe from obstacles:
- Our 5200 sq. metre tarmacadam manoeuvring area is situated in a quiet off road area a few minutes from our training centre.
- It is one of the largest LGV / PCV private training and driving practice areas in the North West.
- It allows for one or more vehicles to practice in safety at the same time.
- This is an ideal place to begin your training with vehicle familiarisation, general vehicle control, reversing, braking and gear changing.
- Time spent here is time well spent. You will go to your test prepared and with confidence.
- No traffic, no road obstacles – just a wide open space to use to build up your confidence.
- Getting used to a vehicle does take time, especially if you have never driven a large vehicle before. We set out a circuit to drive round, with stops and starts so that you develop good vehicle control.
- When used for PCV and LGV / HGV reversing practice the driving practice area is setup as you will find for the actual the driving test.
- Permanent markings for class 1 reversing practice.
The driving practice area can be used for:
- PCV, Coach and Bus driver training
- Car and trailer training
- HGV and LGV driver training
- Minibus driver training
- PCV and HGV reversing practice