Minibus Driver Training
- Pass your D1 category test
- Minibus setup for the test
- Experienced trainers
- Minimum driver age 18
Minibus with or without trailer
In most cases, a D1 licence will be required, you must be 18 or over.
There are some exceptions to the D1 licence for Minibus drivers:
- If your car driving licence was held before 1st January 1997, you can drive a minibus with 17 seats in total or less, provided it is not being used for hire or reward. This means payment in cash or kind. This will remain valid until your licence is renewed.
- If you do not have a minibus entitlement on your licence, you may be able to drive a minibus with up to 16 seats in total under certain exemptions, see the government website.
- Certain exemptions apply for organisations that have a permit.
NOTE: the above exceptions are strictly in situations where the minibus is driven not for hire or reward.
PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) D1 Licence, Minibus Licence
The D1 licence is for a minibus, when used for hire or reward.
Class D1 – Minibus up to 16 seats, minimum driving age 21, with or without a trailer that weighs no more than 750Kg
Class D1+E – As D1, but with a trailer more than 750Kg, but with combined weight not more than 12,000kg.
Minibus Driver Training Courses
1:1 courses from 2 to 5 days
We also offer theory training in preparation for the Initial Driver CPC.
All minibus training courses are subject to a driving assessment.
For the Class D1 licence minibus driver training and test, we usually use a 16 seat minibus. The minibus complies with the minimum test vehicle standard.
All new D1 drivers must take the Initial Driver CPC in addition to the practical driving test.
Minibus Driving Style
Driving a minibus is all about keeping the passenger safe and comfortable. Minibus driver training with us will teach you how to drive smoothly with passengers in mind, and at the same time keep your passengers, the vehicle and other road users safe.
This is the eco-friendly style now required in the practical driving test for a minibus licence. Accelerating, braking, cornering all need to be smooth and controlled – in fact just elegant!
To pass your Minibus Driving Test with confidence just call 01254 384857
Call now to arrange your HGV / LGV / PCV Driver Training